Sunday, January 12, 2014

Passig Islet


 Since my sister told me about this place and they have been there once and i thought when i get to visit my hometown again i will definitely have a good look on this. As many knows, i have a phobia in water and worst the ocean. But despite of, i always conquer my fear. I dreaded being in the water that comes up to my chest and yet i braved myself to be victorious.

Waiting area to ride a small boat (bangka) to cross to the islet.


So, anyway, in 2013 the whole family, including relatives and close friends spent our Christmas day to this place. As they say, the hidden island in Davao del Sur. Passig Islet is located at Sitio Bato in Santa Cruz, Davao del Sur and very accessible from the City of Digos. A perfect alternative from the chaos of the well known resorts. Breezy and my favorite time is harvesting the "GUSO" riding in a small "BANGKA". The accommodation is very affordable. The beach is fair enough to enjoy the day. Oh, fresh oysters, clams that a local people will cook for you, oh superb. We will surely go back to this place and make another memories to capture.

Sharing some photos we took from my phone:



our boat ride and as you can see, that's the islet.





the view


wandering around

can you tell what's that big mountain in the background? The Mt. Apo.

You may wonder what are those tires for.

the view

Another view

 
My youngest brother with Nathan


























© Elen Childress  📷

No comments:

Post a Comment